Updos, Updo Hairstyles, Updo Know How - Glam up your Updo at UpdoHowTo
How To Use Hot Rollers, step by step guide to using hot rollers to curl your hair
- To avoid crimped ends, be sure to smooth the ends over the ends of the roller. Or you can use Perm wrapping papers, you can find these at any drugstore.
- Use a medium hold spray at the roots when rolling. If you use an ultra hold spray, it will be difficult to shake out.
- Always use your fingers to style your curls rather than a brush or comb.
- Use the larger roller for little curl, smaller for more curl
- If you end up with too much curl, stretch the curl and use the blow-dryer to loosen.
- Hair must be completely dry before rolling with hot rollers. They will not dry damp hair.
- Roll down for more volume at the root and up for a flipped effect at the ends
For this method, you will use jumbo hot rollers, or the 2 largest sizes in your hot roller sets.
You can choose to place a few hot rollers on the very top of your head going back, or you can skip those and start and roll from the sides down. The second is the method we will use.
1. Dry hair. And part hair to whatever side you will be wearing hair to.
DO NOT use any styling products such as shine sprays, pomade, or wax YET!!! You will only be using very little hair spray right now. If you use other products BEFORE rolling, the set will not stay!!!!
When rolling hair yourself, it is easiest to section your head into 3 main sections: The Mohawk strip on the top of your head, Side of head from ear to ear, And the bottom hair below the ears. Incorporate the very back of your hair by pulling it forward where you can see it, below the ears, as it is very difficult to place hot rollers in the very back of your hair by yourself.
Start at Top of head
1.) Section clean, dry hair into 3 sections: Mohawk, sides and bottom. Starting at the top, hold section of hair completely straight up and spritz roots with a light holding hairspray. Use the largest hot rollers to roll hair toward the back of head. This should take 3 rollers for the Mohawk strip.
Next, Side of head and bottom
2.) When rolling the side of your head, hot rollers will be placed on base and rolled downward. Spritz each roller with spray. For a flipped effect on the very ends of your bottom hair, roll hot rollers upward. Roll other side of head the same way.
Basic Hot roller rolling method:
Hot rollers, which have been left in the drawers to collect dust, have made a huge come-back this year. Hot rollers can be used on the shortest hair to the longest hair to get beautiful curls or long, loose waves. The Hair styles are limitless when using hot rollers to style your hair. Here's some basic step by step instruction on how to use Hot rollers:
Straight back: By rolling the hair straight back, and pinning the hot roller right on top of the hair, you will get the most volume near the roots. This works great for short hair and on the very top Mohawk section.
Vertical Placement: This can be used on the side sections by rolling the hair backwards, and holding the hot roller in a vertical position. This rolling method creates loose, flowing waves that fall backwards. Perfect for getting those long, celeb loose wave hair styles.
Downward Roll. This can be used all over, but mainly on the sides and bottom sections. This gives great volume and tighter curls. Best for short hair, looking for a "set" look.
Sectioning your Hair when using Hot Rollers:
3.) Allow to set for at least 15 minutes. When hot rollers are completely cool, remove. And allow hair to cool down completely.
4.) Begin styling with fingers, placing hair where you want it. Finish with a light spray.
2. Take large 2 1/2 inch sections, starting on the upper front hairline, about 1 inch down from the top of your head, to ear level. Roll hair backwards. The hot rollers will be placed in VERTICLEY, up and down. This section will take 3 rollers.
3. Moving to the bottom section, below the ear, roll the rest of the sections back. This type of set is where Conair SPC10R Super Clips make it so much easier on you. They secure the hair so much better than the clips they give you with your kits. Spritz each roller with hairspray.
You should have 2 rows of rollers, approx. 6 rollers each on both sides, all in vertical positions, going backwards. The very top of your head should not hair rollers in it unless you want volume up top.
4. Let set for recommended time. When you take the hot rollers out, allow to cool!!!! With your had, comb the hair backwards to loosen the curls. Now is when you will use pomade, shine spray, serum or any other finishing product to create definition. Styles 101 favorite finishing pick: Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum. The Serum creates shine and perfect definition without stickiness.
- Speed up the process by applying additional heat with your blow dryer
- Do not remove hot rollers if they are still warm
- After hair is all rolled, spritz hair lightly with light holding spray
- Hot rollers are not just for long hair. They can be used as long as your hair can fit around the roller once.
- To get more volume, hair can be teased slightly at the root prior to rolling
Copyright © updohowto.com